DAV protocol market adoption

Hello everyone, it is my pleasure to e-meet you all!
I am new to the community, fascinated by what you are doing and excited to be a part of the journey.

Please could some of the team post anything related to market adoption on this thread:

1. Performance of marketing KPIs to date
  2. Product / market roll out plans
  3. Go to market blueprint criteria
  4. Market forecasts, assumptions etc

Best wishes,

Alex

1 Like

It would be amazing to see a weekly update on all things market adoption!

1 Like

Yeah, I want to know that too.

1 Like

That’s the deliberate questions that I believe every one want to know too, currently at the stage of the soft developing, The team of Dav also make their best efforts in public relation and technology etc…on the future ,I think they will start the marketing plan .I hope the team give us exactly strategies of operation about dav soon

1 Like

That’s a good point.

We should wait for the ride hailing app.

Do you know what date this is being released?
Cheers, Alex

latest 2019,approximately December in 2018,please look at the roadmap, website:https://dav.network/#roadmap

Great question AJGatehouse! In brief, I can share with you some of our adoption efforts and strategies.

• We have been in discussions with some of the very largest automakers in the world. We are talking to the Head of Strategic Innovation at Hyundai; we can talk about this one publicly because it’s already known. I hope you understand that many of our discussions are held in confidence or even NDA, and we have to respect these requirements asked for by our counterparts at the table.

• We are also in talks with a multinational conglomerate who has shown deep interest in how their drone vertical can utilize DAV across their group of companies. The same conglomerate is party to a multi-stakeholder effort (which has DAV in a pivot role) involved in showcasing drone infrastructure interoperability at a leading UAV testing facility.

• Our discussions continue with smart city projects around the world; DAV has been recognized as a critical component of smart cities by the leading smart city architect at a major urban center.

• We are of course working with our DAV Alliance members as bandwidth allows, helping them integrate their assets with DAV, to make everything “DAV Ready”.

• We have a major announcement coming soon that we feel will help solidify our current go-to-market strategy. We think everyone will be as excited as we are by the coming development.

I hope this answers most if not all facets of your question. We continue to work very hard on the project and have not taken our eyes off the horizon. And by the way, welcome aboard and thank you for the question!

2 Likes

Hi John,

Thank you for your message.

I am really happy to hear that you have been in some seemingly high-level and potentially very high impact discussions. However what I am really looking for is tangible marketing plans for the decentralized peer to peer application with a focus on growth of market adoption. Ie marketing KPIs, geographical roll-out information, marketing objectives.

My responses as follows…

• We have been in discussions with some of the very largest automakers in the world. We are talking to the Head of Strategic Innovation at Hyundai; we can talk about this one publicly because it’s already known. I hope you understand that many of our discussions are held in confidence or even NDA, and we have to respect these requirements asked for by our counterparts at the table.

This is incredible news… well done! I would be interested to understand a little more around the distribution strategy in this instance. How would the roll-out tie in with marketing objectives? What do you anticipate this partnership will result in practically speaking in terms of KPI growth?

* We are also in talks with a multinational conglomerate who has shown deep interest in how their drone vertical can utilize DAV across their group of companies. The same conglomerate is party to a multi-stakeholder effort (which has DAV in a pivot role) involved in showcasing drone infrastructure interoperability at a leading UAV testing facility.

Thanks for the information… how has the drone vertical been performing? When could we see this being a global ecosystem?

* Our discussions continue with smart city projects around the world; DAV has been recognized as a critical component of smart cities by the leading smart city architect at a major urban center.

This is great … Bringing it back to market adoption … what do these discussions look like in terms of tangible marketing KPI development?

* We are of course working with our DAV Alliance members as bandwidth allows, helping them integrate their assets with DAV, to make everything “DAV Ready”.

Absolutely but again would love to understand how you are measuring these efforts against tangible KPIs which can be reported on

* We have a major announcement coming soon that we feel will help solidify our current go-to-market strategy. We think everyone will be as excited as we are by the coming development.

Great … I look forward to hearing the news.

Thanks for the information and I am excited to see what the future holds!

1 Like

Hey again Alex!

This is incredible news… well done! I would be interested to understand a little more around the distribution strategy in this instance. How would the roll-out tie in with marketing objectives? What do you anticipate this partnership will result in practically speaking in terms of KPI growth?

We’re still in fairly early days, so offering fixed and specific KPIs might be premature. What I can say is that with automaker adoption comes the opportunity for very rapid growth for the DAV network. An important marketing objective for DAV is awareness primacy in the transport market. A great way of thinking about this is to consider how the WWW and content began to interface in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The Web grew in fits and starts as the giant incumbents and agile innovators figured out how best to leverage the power of the Web, adjusting their approach as they went. We expect the DAV network will see a similar experience, which is why we are in talks with both the big automakers and the small transport innovators at the same time.

how has the drone vertical been performing? When could we see this being a global ecosystem?

Drones are in such an interesting space. There are 7 million drones in commercial and industrial use right now in the U.S., and that number is expected to climb. Yet consumers know very little about them beyond the smaller, simpler recreational drones that hobbyists use. We feel we are on the cusp of a veritable tidal wave of drone services once they become easily accessible, and for the latter you need an open network that serves as a common marketplace. Funny…I think I heard about one of those around here… :wink:

For reference: drone delivery for consumers is already a functional part of Amazon and Wal*Mart’s strategies. We have two corporate giants with massive budgets who see huge savings in using drones for package deliveries. This suggests to me that a global eco-system isn’t that far off. Within the next several years feels very possible.

Bringing it back to market adoption … what do these discussions look like in terms of tangible marketing KPI development?

I’m sorry that I have to give you the same answer I gave earlier: it’s a little early to offer a fixed idea of what the metrics would look like. Having said that, I’d like to offer a forecast based on data from the U.S. Department of Transport: 95% of U.S. passenger miles in 2030 will be served by autonomous road vehicles. I raise this to offer some context to the rapidity of change that is coming in the transport sector. Drones, cars, buses, boats…so many facets of transportation will be transformed in subtle and unsubtle ways in the next several years.

I look forward to hearing the news.

Shared micro-mobility on the DAV network. We’re excited. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the questions Alex!

2 Likes

Just sign up, if it supports China, I want to order three.

I can buy one for my own use , and test it , make it China-ready.

1 Like