How can DAV ease transportation in Lagos

I am a civil servant with the Lagos State ministry of education.i am a Nigerian and I live and work in Lagos state,the most populous city in Africa with more than 20 million people,out of which more than half move around the state daily.Added to this number are commuters coming from Ogun ,Ondo,and Oyo states to do business in lagos.Lagos is horrific on a Monday morning and evening.Successive Governors have tried in vain to curb traffic jamb with little success.Can DAV be useful to us here in Lagos?

1 Like

Hi KryptoKing - yes there’s probably some clear use cases here. If I remember what I read about Lagos correctly, the problem is like in so many places a matter of everyone cramming as many vehicles (transit, private cars, motorcycles, etc) as possible into the existing road infrastructure (the Third Mainland Bridge being the most salient example). There’s very little optimization (bus lanes, HOV lanes, for example) and no coordination. So…

That suggests a decentralized network that supports a sharing economy would be a solid first step. Fewer cars on the road because people can share seats. That translates to lower parking space demand and room for other development that makes Lagos more livable. A network that shares traffic information that isn’t owned by anyone could be leveraged for traffic optimization and help with policy decisions. A common transport network makes for a potent foundation to any smart city strategy.

Is this what you’re thinking of? Any specific challenges you’d care to share?

1 Like