Introduce Yourself!

Hello! If you’re here you’re probably new to our forum. The team at the DAV Foundation is a friendly bunch, and we like getting to know the fine folks in the DAV community. A great way to start getting involved is to let us know something about you. There’s no formal list of things you have to reveal; rather, just tell us what you think is important for us to know about you. If you’re stuck for ideas, we offer some suggestions:

• Where in this wide world of ours are you currently living?
  • When did you get your start in blockchain technology?
  • What do you do for a living?
  • What is your greatest talent?
  • What kind of food are you addicted to?
  • What excites you about autonomous vehicles?
  • What do you find most promising about decentralization?
  • What does your dream city look like?
  • Do you prefer your own company or the company of others?
  • What is the one thing that anyone who visits your hometown should not miss?

Start posting, and tell us about who you are!

1 Like

I’ll start with me. My name is John, and I’m your friendly communications officer for the DAV Foundation. I’m based in Vancouver, on the west coast of Canada, but I have spent time in many parts of Asia over the years. My first career was in information technology, but the tides of change pushed me into marketing and communications for technology companies. I first took an interest in blockchain and crypto in early 2016. Later that year, I was recruited by the Ethereum Foundation to serve as their head of global communications (‘External Relations Lead’ was the title) and to help with their work with the media around the world. I served out a full 12 months at the Ethereum Foundation and moved over to my current role with the gang at DAV at the beginning of 2018.

I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to play a part with DAV and to work with the DAV crew. This is a superlative team, one that I have no doubt is about as good as you could hope for on a project like this one. If you ever make it to Vancouver, the one thing you should not miss is a visit to Stanley Park. We’ll have autonomous boats there one day, ferrying people across the water in quiet comfort.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Tal.

I’m one of the founders of DAV, and its Chief Technical Officer (although I prefer the term Chief Open Sourcerer :mage:).

Since getting my first computer 30 years ago, my passion has always been programming and how it can help me build cool things. I first got involved with open source over a decade ago, and in that time my passion for both open source, as well as building products for developers has grown… which is why I feel extremely grateful to work in a foundation that is committed to building a development platform that is 100% open source.

My professional background includes both hands-on design and development of complex systems, growing and running technical teams of ninjas, as well as product, design, marketing and business development.

I’m looking forward to meeting more of our community here and in person.

2 Likes

Hello DAVers,

I am Michael… a big fan of DAV and early believer in the project. I am originally from the San Francisco Bay (Marin County) but now divide my time between Sonoma and Sacramento.

I am a small business owner… My primary company is in business IT services.

While I owned a small bit of bitcoin from 2014 or so, I didn’t really understand anything about blockchain until the spring of 2017.

Fun fact: I spent two years backpacking India in my early 30’s.

Favorite food: Durian

Hobbies: I am an avid skier / snowboarder and nothing makes me happier then camping for a night at the hot springs. I am a huge Harry Potter fan (among other fantasy fiction). I love to travel and eat.

I look forward to meeting you all some day at a DAV meetup and am excited for a bright DAV future ahead.

• Michael
4 Likes

Hi all! I’m Rachel, and I’m very excited that we’re exploring this new forum. My title at DAV is “Head of External Relations,” although I know that means different things at different organizations and, in my case, it has meant different things within DAV at different times! In any case, I’m part of the communications team. DAV is my first foray into blockchain and crypto. My background is in city and transportation planning, and my previous job was in supporting alternative fuel vehicle adoption, with a heavy emphasis on electric vehicles, as an Air Quality and Transportation Planner in Texas of all places :). I think I really “fell for” DAV when I understood how it will make the transportation and mobility market truly responsive to the pressures of supply and demand, and to technological advancements, in a way that the current system never could be.

Some fun facts about me – my husband and I got married three times in three different countries and three different years (we never split up…just like it sounds, it is a long story…), in my head I’m an adventurous eater but in reality I’m a lactose-intolerant vegetarian, and I was once very involved in the world of competitive ballroom dancing. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

4 Likes

What were the 3 countries? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cyprus, USA, and Israel :grinning:

1 Like

I have to ask - what were you doing in Cyprus? Apart from frolicking on the amazing beaches.

It is a big part of the long story, but we actually flew there specifically to get married and it was the first of the three weddings. The procedure there for getting married is simpler than in both Israel and the US – but, I have to say, I think the beaches in Tel Aviv are nicer :wink:.

Hi my name is Oscar but I go by Quintaine online.

I am originally from Costa Rica but now live in Cancun, Mexico. I got interested in cryptocurrency about a year ago. I bought bitcoin, ethereum and dash and did some day trading but barely succeeded at it. I can see how DAV will roll out and become a success! Very exciting times.

My greatest talent is darts. I was born with a dart targeting system in my eyes and every time I play darts I get at least one bullseye. I don’t practice!

3 Likes

Trading in the Unregulated market is really difficult for a single trader like us.

The Consensus mechanism here is that we believe the future will be much better with all the necessary decentralized system.

Our way of success is to contribute to a really decentralized project and get profits by helping the community grow up.

Hello DAVers,

I am Timber… a huge fan of DAV and early believer in the project. I am from Shanghai, China.

I am an android developer, and I love my job. Programming is one of the coolest jobs on earth.

I will introduce dav apps to my friends when dav start running.

Timberl

2 Likes

Hi DAV-ers

My name is Kees , but I go under Cavey65 online.
As I am from Rotterdam, the Netherlands (biggest port in the world at some time) I have been working in the maritime/offshore related business most of my career.

After ignoring Bitcoin in 2014, I really discovered blockchain end of last year.
Like most people who invested at that time, I lost 90% of the value of my portfolio, but I really believe in blockchain and remain very positive :grinning:

At the moment I run a Skycoin miner (by sharing bandwidth they want to take away the power from the ISP’s)
and I run a server for LBRY (a bittorrent like Youtube with a pay/tipping function)

But when I saw this promo about DAV Network on Youtube, I became really exited

DAV Network Youtube link
DAV Network LBRY link

In my imagination I see an Utopia envisioned by Jacque Fresco with drones flying everywhere and people sharing their resources.
Instead of a mailbox people will have a small storage box in front of their house, which will be dedicated for drone deliveries.

Drones

DAV will be able to facilitate this.
But before all these futuristic plans will become reality, DAV Network wants to compete with Uber and Mobike in the sharing economy.
Off coarse I am exited!

Looking forward to the future and hopefully I will be able to meet the team in person one time.

3 Likes

Hey DAV team and community. Great idea with the forum.
Here from Canada, just outside Toronto.
Friend of mine told me about ETH back in 2016, and I haven’t looked back since.
I do tech support.
Food addictions? spicey for sure.
Autonomy? Get work done while in the car :slight_smile:
Decentralization will push out the current exploitation of funding and resources
Dream city - accessibility, clean, strong community.
I love people, so i prefer the company of others, however, work must be done, and that is done best alone.
Visiting my hometown? Come by my place.

5 Likes

Hello there DAV community!

My name is Carlos and I hail from sunny Florida, USA- although I’m originally from a small town in Puerto Rico.

I stumbled upon Bitcoin back in 2010 after reading Satoshi’s paper in a forum about new money technology, and the aftermath of the 2008 recession. I’m very big into personal sovereignty and thought Bitcoin was an awesome solution to the corrupt money institutions of the world. I downloaded the mining software and was prepped and ready to do so, but due to having nightly guild raids on SWTOR, missed out on the opportunity of getting some early coins. :sob:

A few years later, I bought some BTC for the first time and donated it to charity as I was wanting to test the whole user interface experience. (I’m big into UX/UI) I believe that donation is worth several thousand dollars today, so I hope the HODL’d!

I found out about DAV through work, and it has quickly become one of my favorite tokens! I have unfortunately lost several family members and friends to automobile accidents, so automated transportation has evolved into a true personal cause for me.

That being said, I recognize that there are tons of use cases for AV tech in the market, and I can’t wait to pay for a pizza delivered via drone with DAV one day!

3 Likes

You are great ,It’s pleasure to e-meet you. I like the dav too

Hello, DAVors, it is literally my great honor to have on board with the great ship of DAV with you gorgeous people. My name is Jeong, who invested a ton of funds into this great project, and I am also a big fan of DAV and early believer in the project. I am Korean, studied in Tsinghua Uni. Beijing, China and now I am living in Vietnam.

I really would like to become a living withness watching the great success of DAV from the first step.

I look foward to meeting all you guys someday at a DAV meetup too.

Sincerely, IN DAV WE TRUST

1 Like

Dear DAVers,

My name is Alick, I am the Business Solutions Manager of DAV. It such a pleasure meeting ya’ll.

I L-O-V-E being part of the exciting project. My daily tasks are securing valuable technological partnerships, supporting ongoing in/outbound communications and tasks.

I will try to post interesting & fun daily facts.

Feel free to reach out to me on any matter.

Alick

3 Likes

It’s my honor to meet you.I love the Dav project. every day,the first thing is to this forum.Look at what is the things going .I believe more and more market adoption about Dav in the future ,I hope me as a witness seeing the Dav have a huge accomplishment

3 Likes